Police Cars in Game – level 3
According to the Wall Street Journal, Fortnite, a game which has more than 350 million players worldwide, has removed all police cars from the game’s imagery in its latest update.
There has been a growing number of reports that police cars were no longer appearing in the game to which Epic Games, Fortnight’s developer, declined to comment.
Police cars are one of many vehicle types used in Fortnite; however, news outlets and fans speculate that the move is a response to widespread outrage over the death of George Floyd in police custody and to ongoing protests.
Epic Games has not formally announced the change. However, on its blog earlier this month, the company said that recent events were a heavy reminder of ongoing injustices in society. Epic Games was one of many companies that issued a statement in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Difficult words: imagery (visual images), decline (to refuse), outrage (a strong, angry reaction), ongoing injustice (when something unfair happens to people for a long time).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos