Police chase a car in Arizona – level 1
This news is from Arizona. Police drive on a highway. They are chasing a car. They are driving around 100 miles per hour (161 kilometres per hour). That is very fast. There is a camera in the police car. It films the chase.
Some men are in the car. They have marijuana with them. They have around 374 pounds (170 kilograms) of the drug. The marijuana is in big blocks. The men throw the blocks out of the car.
In the end, police make the car stop. The men try to run away, but the police catch them.
Difficult words: highway (big road where cars go fast), chase (to try to catch somebody), chase (the act of chasing somebody).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos