Police chase a car in Arizona – level 3
Dashcam video footage has captured bales of marijuana being hurled out of a car during a high-speed chase in Arizona.
The pursuit, which reached speeds of up to 100 miles per hour (161 kph), happened last Wednesday morning when a deputy officer from Pinal County was monitoring traffic on a Casa Grande highway.
The large packages can be seen being thrown out of the suspect’s vehicle onto the road.
The car was forced to stop after police set up spike strips that successfully deflated the Trail Blazer’s front tires.
But the suspects did attempt to flee on foot before being caught by officers and charged with multiple drug offences and unlawful flight.
In a statement from the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office, approximately 374 pounds (170 kilograms) of the drug were retrieved following the chase, and a stash house was discovered in the city of Mesa.
Difficult words: dashcam (a camera on the dashboard – the flat area in front of the driver), bale (a block), hurl (to throw), chase (the act of chasing somebody – following them to catch him or her), pursuit (chase), deflate (to make air go out of something), attempt (to try), flee (to run away), flight (the act of fleeing), stash house (a house where drugs are secretly kept).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.