Police Come to a Temple – level 1
This news is from Thailand. There is a sect. The sect lives in a temple. It has a leader. He is 72 years old. Police want to arrest him.
The police come to the temple. There are around 3,000 police officers. They want to arrest the leader.
We do not know if he is in the temple. We do not know if he is arrested.
Difficult words: sect (a group of people with a very specific religion – it can be extreme or even dangerous), temple (a building for a god, like a church, a synagogue, or a mosque), leader (a boss).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos