Police find 50 kilograms of cocaine – level 1
Police find a man near a river in New South Wales, Australia. The man is wearing expensive diving equipment. He is not moving and not dead. Paramedics want to him. He dies later.
Police find 50 kilograms of white powder near the man. They believe that it is cocaine. Cocaine is a very expensive drug. The powder may sell for $14 million.
Police don’t know if the man does something with the cocaine. They search a nearby ship. They talk to many people.
Some people say that two small boats are in the area the night before. Police ask the public for help. They must know more about the boats.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.