Police Find Guns – level 1
Spanish police find a warehouse near the border with Portugal. The warehouse is full of guns and other military things. There are many types of guns.
There are some things that can explode. A special police team must come. They take care of the things that can explode.
Spanish police work with international police. They start a big operation in 2019. They want to stop illegal trade with guns. Spanish police arrest three people.
Illegal trade is very dangerous. It helps terrorists. They can buy the guns and kill people. Illegal guns also help civil wars and other dangerous activities.
Difficult words: warehouse (a building that a company uses to store things), explode (to break up into pieces with a lot of noise), civil war (a war between people in one country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos