Police find stuffed animals – level 1
Spanish police find a large building near the city of Valencia. The building is full of stuffed animals.
200 elephant tusks are there. 1,000 animals are there. They are animals like rhinos, elephants, and polar bears. More than 400 animals are protected or extinct.
A protected animal is an animal which people must keep safe. An extinct animal is an animal which doesn’t exist in the world anymore.
Police don’t arrest the owner of the animals. They ask him many questions. They need to know if the man owns the animals legally. It is possible that he smuggles the animals to Spain.
Difficult words: stuffed (a dead animal which has the skin filled with special material, and the animal looks alive), tusk (a long tooth of an elephant), smuggle (to move something illegally in or out of a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.