Police Have New Information – level 2
In 2007, a four-year-old Madeleine McCann and her family were on holiday in Algarve, Portugal. Madeleine and her siblings were sleeping in an apartment, and her parents and their friends were having dinner in a nearby restaurant.
The restaurant was 180 feet away, and Madeleine’s parents checked on the children throughout the night. At 10 pm, Madeleine’s mother found out that the girl was not in her bed.
Police never found out what happened to Madeleine; however, for some time, they thought that her parents did something to her. Now, there is a new suspect in Madeleine’s case, a 43-year-old German man who lived in Algarve when Madeleine disappeared.
The man drove a white camper van that people saw near the resort a few days before Madeleine disappeared. The police have not found Madeleine; however, they believe that the girl is not alive.
Difficult words: suspect (the person who the police believe did something wrong), disappear (when something or someone is in a place where people cannot see it), camper van (a big vehicle with beds that people use for holidays).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.