Police Help Ducks – level 3
A Russian police car helped a family of ducks cross a busy street in Moscow.
Passersby also assisted in stopping the traffic and guiding the couple and their 12 ducklings to safety. All drivers waited patiently for the ducks to waddle across the street. The ducks made it to the other side of the road and then to their destination, a nearby park.
Wildlife such as ducks and swans live in ponds and lakes, and they usually rely on feeding by the public. Currently, they are being left to go hungry because of the coronavirus lockdown, and some of them are at risk of starvation.
Difficult words: passerby (a person who is walking past something, waddle (to walk with short steps and move the body from side to side), starvation (when someone has no food for a long time).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos