Police Kill a Man – level 1
This news is from the USA. A man is driving home. His car stops working. The car is standing in the road. People see the car. They think that it is abandoned. They call the police.
The police come to the car. The man in the car does not have a gun. He does what the police tell him. This does not matter. He is African-American.
The police tase and shoot the man. A person films all of this. The man goes to hospital. He dies there.
Difficult words: abandoned (not used, left somewhere), matter (when something matters it is important, it can change the situation), tase (attack with a taser – an “electric gun”).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos