Police saved a little girl – level 1
This happens in China. A man kidnaps a girl. He puts a knife against her neck. The girl is a daughter of the man’s boss. The man wants money from the boss.
Police get to the man and the girl. They talk to him. They offer him money. The man does not want it. He wants his boss’s money only.
The girl’s shoes fall down. The police tell the man to pick up the shoes. He does it. He puts down his knife. He helps the girl with her shoes. Police make use of this situation. They arrest the man.
Difficult words: kidnap (to take somebody somewhere when the person does not want it), only (he does not want anything else), make use (do something when you have the chance).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have a policeman in your family?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.