Policewoman lifts a car – level 1
An American website makes an advert. The website films the advert in New York. The video shows a meter maid.
She comes to a taxi driver. She tells him to move his car, but he does not. He is also rude to her. No matter, the policewoman knows what to do! She comes in front of the car and moves it up! People can’t believe their eyes!
How is this possible? Is the woman super-strong? Well, no she isn’t. The car is special. It is very light at the front and very heavy at the back.
Difficult words: advert (a video which tells you to buy something), meter maid (a policewoman who gives out parking tickets), rude (to say something bad to somebody).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this advert?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos