Policewoman lifts a car – level 2
An American website made an advert which went viral. The advert was a practical joke which was played on New Yorkers.
An actress took the role of a meter maid – a female officer which gives out parking tickets. She was doing her job when one taxi driver refused to move his car and was rude to her. No matter, she went in front of the car and lifted it. People could not believe their eyes!
How could this possibly be? The taxi was empty at the front and full of steel at the rear, so it was easy to lift from the front.
Difficult words: advert (a video which tells you to buy something), viral (very popular on the Internet), rear (back).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this advert?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.