Pony at a police station – level 3
Now, this is certainly not something you see every day.
Yeah, staff at a Cheshire police station had a bit of a shock when a horse walked into the force’s headquarters in Winsford.
CCTV captured an officer attempting to get the pony off the premises, but the small horse appeared to be determined to hand itself in.
The spokesman added, “We like to ensure a warm welcome to all our guests at HQ and at neigh point” – ha, that’s funny – “did the horse pose a risk to security.”
Difficult words: headquarters (place where an organisation is located), CCTV (security camera), premises (a house or building including its land and outbuildings), to hand in (to turn yourself into the police, to admit guilt), HQ (headquarters), neigh (the spokesman made a joke as “neigh” sounds like “nay” or “no”, but “neigh” is the characteristic sound made by a horse).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.