Pope talks about the Big Bang Theory – level 1
How did the world begin? Some people believe in the Big Bang Theory. Other people believe in God. These people say that God created the world.
These two theories are different, but the Pope says that you can believe in both. He thinks that God created the Big Bang, and the Big Bang created the world.
Difficult words: create (to make something), theory (theories try to explain things which are very complicated), both (two of the things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How do you think the world began?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.