Porsche Electric Car – level 2
Recently, car company Porsche showed its first fully electric sports car called the Taycan. It is competition to the Tesla Model S.
Porsche’s CEO explained that the car drives very fast and completed a race track in less than 8 minutes. He said that the car runs about 300 miles while it carries luggage. He added that the battery charges from 5% to 80% in 22 minutes with quick-charging technology.
Difficult words: competition (when people or companies work to get someone’s attention to buy something), sports car (a car which people can drive as their daily car, but the car can drive very fast and work very well), quick-charging (a way to charge batteries very fast).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.