Prague protests – level 2
Last weekend, around 70,000 people protested about the government in the streets of Prague, the Czech Republic. People were angry with the situation about the rise prices of energy, especially gas and electricity.
The protest organizers belonged to several political groups, including people with extreme and nationalistic political ideas. Leaders of the Communist party were worry there. Many people agreed that the Czech Republic shouldn’t be part of the EU and NATO, and it should be neutral during war.
The protesters also said that if the government didn’t lower the prices of energies, they would have a negative change on Czech business in autumn.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.