President Essebsi – level 3
Last month, Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi was hospitalised with a serious illness. Last Thursday, people announced his passing, but the statement did not give a cause of death. He died at the age of 92.
In 2011, Essebsi became the country’s interim leader after the Arab Spring and three years later, people elected him president, and he became the country’s first democratically elected one. He was also the oldest head of state after Queen Elizabeth II.
The president’s office said that a burial ceremony would soon be announced.
Difficult words: passing (a death, dying), interim (only for some short period of time).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos