Priest in the Philippines – level 1
A Catholic priest rides a hoverboard during Christmas Eve Mass in the Philippines. People in the church like his Christmas song, but his bosses don’t like it.
His bosses say that the priest’s actions are wrong. He has to stop his work for some time and think about it. This can help him.
81% of the Filipino people are Catholics.
Difficult words: priest (a person who does ceremonies at a church), hoverboard (an electric skateboard), mass (a church ceremony).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think the priest did something wrong?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.