Prince is dead – level 1
Prince is a musician. He becomes famous in the 1970s. He sells 100 million records. He wins 7 Grammys, an Oscar and a Golden Globe.
He is a creative musician. Some of his famous songs are “Purple Rain”, “Kiss” and “When Doves Cry”.
Prince is 57. He dies. People find his body at his home. His home is in Minnesota.
Prince’s death is another shock for the entertainment industry. Famous people talk about it on Twitter.
Difficult words: record (a CD or a tape or an actual record – a large plastic circle that holds recordings), dove (a bird which looks like a white, smaller pigeon), entertainment industry (show business).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos