Prince is dead – level 2
Prince, one of the best-selling artists of all time, died at the age of 57. People discovered his body at his home in Minnesota on Thursday morning.
It was another shock to the entertainment industry this year, and many other stars took to Twitter in shock and sadness.
He was born Prince Rogers Nelson and he rose to fame in the mid 1970s. In his lifetime, he sold over 100 million records, won 7 Grammys, won an Oscar and won a Golden Globe.
People widely acclaimed him as one of the most inventive musicians of his era with the songs “Purple Rain”, “Kiss” and “When Doves Cry” among his biggest hits.
Difficult words: acclaim (to say something good about somebody), inventive (creative, original), dove (a bird which looks like a white, smaller pigeon).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.