Prince Philip dies – level 1
Prince Philip dies on Friday. He is 99 years old.
Prince Philip is the husband of Queen Elizabeth II. They get married in London, England, in 1947. Philip is a very important person in the British royal family. Philip attends thousands of royal events with his wife. He always walks one step behind her. He is the Queen´s best friend and biggest help.
Philip and Elizabeth have four children. Their first child is Charles. Charles will be the next king of Britain.
Some people do not like what Philip says or does. He is sometimes angry. He does not say nice things. Philip is very clever and funny, too. People love his energy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.