Printed House – level 1
A US company builds a special house. The house is from concrete. It is not from bricks. A 3D printer makes the house. The house is in New York State. It is a demo house. It means that nobody lives in it. People can come and look at it.
The house is 180 square meters large. The printer makes it in two days. Some people like it. Some people do not like it very much.
Older people prefer the usual way of building homes. Young people know 3D printers. They like this idea more.
3D printers use concrete. Concrete is a usual material for building. It is possible that houses from 3D printers will be a normal thing in the future.
Difficult words: concrete (a grey material for building houses and other buildings), brick (a block which people use to build things), 3D printer (a printer which does not print on paper but it prints real things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos