Printed House – level 2
A company made an unusual house. The house was from concrete, but a big 3D printer made it.
The house was a demo house and the company built it in Calverton, New York, US. The house was 180 square meters large, and it took 48 hours to print it. When the concrete dried, builders made a roof, and then they finished the inside of the house.
People´s reactions were positive and negative, too. The director of the company said that some people were not ready for such a different way of building houses. Older people and businessmen did not know anything about 3D printing and it was all new for them. Younger people, who knew 3D printing, usually liked the house.
Some people believe that building houses with the help of 3D printers will be more usual in the future.
Difficult words: concrete (a grey material which people use to build houses and other buildings), demo (something that people make to show how something works or looks), reaction (what a person does or how he feels when something happens).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.