Prison Guards Lie – level 2
Jeffrey Epstein was a rich American businessman who was friends with some government leaders. He went to prison in 2019 after people found that he sexually abused many young girls.
Later that year, two prison guards found that Epstein died in his jail cell. A professional said that Epstein died from suicide after he hung himself in his cell.
The two guards had the job to check on Epstein every 30 minutes, so they had to go to court because he died. The court found that they faked records to make it look like they checked on him. They actually had not checked on him for some hours. The court now has serious charges against them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.