Prisoners return to prison – level 1
A US prisoner rate shows that many prisoners get arrested more than one time. They have the same problems before and after prison. They cannot find jobs, places to live, and help.
Police don’t arrest prisoners as much if they learn things in prison. They can learn about jobs. They can learn how to live with people.
An organization says that many people get arrested again. Luckily, fewer people are getting arrested. The organization hopes that fewer people are getting arrested for small crimes. They also hope that businesses want to give jobs to them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.