Pro-Palestine protests – level 2
Around 100,000 people met in the center of London to express their support for Palestine and they wanted an end to Israel’s continuous bombing of Gaza.
The protest took place after a recent surprise attack by Hamas and the response from Israel. Protesters held signs with messages like ‘Freedom for Palestine’ and ‘Stop bombing Gaza’. Protesters walked through central London, but most of the crowd left three hours later. Police arrested ten people during the protest.
The protest happened at the same time when officials opened the Rafah border crossing, which allowed humanitarian aid to enter Gaza. But many people are still suffering and they need more help to come.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do people think should be done to ensure long-term peace in the region between Palestine and Israel?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.