Problem with Skinny Jeans – level 2
A 35-year-old woman from Australia was moving house and spent hours squatting. She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans.
Pressure built up in her lower legs and the legs swelled. The woman went to hospital. Doctors helped her and she was able to walk on her own four days later.
She is fine, but a condition like this can get serious – it can damage muscles and nerves.
Skinny jeans are popular with both women and men, but they are not the healthiest choice.
Difficult words: squat (to sit with your knees bent under you and your bottom just off the ground, balancing on your feet), swell (when an area of your body becomes larger than normal), condition (situation of the body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you wear skinny jeans?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.