Problems at an airport – level 2
Last week, a technical problem happened at London’s Heathrow airport. As a result, hundreds of bags came to one of the airport halls.
Many passengers traveled without their luggage, and others waited for hours at check-in.
Many people complained on social media that they waited for over two hours at baggage reclaim. A Heathrow spokeswoman said that airport staff fixed the problem later on Friday, and they worked hard to get all bags to their owners.
This event was one of many problems at UK airports. As the summer season started, many flights were canceled because so many workers were gone. Some people said that this issue was the impact of Brexit and the coronavirus pandemic.
Difficult words: luggage (suitcases or other bags for travel), check-in (a place at an airport or hotel where people register), baggage reclaim (the area at an airport where travelers wait for their bags and suitcases).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos