Problems for Poland and Belarus – level 2
Thousands of people are trying to escape Belarus, and the situation is getting worse on the border between Poland and Belarus. Many migrants want to leave Belarus because they have no work and nothing to eat.
They went to the border last week, but Polish soldiers stopped them. Then, Belarusian soldiers wanted the situation under control and stopped the migrants from leaving the country. Some people said that soldiers took their phones. Several people also died because they slept in tents, and it was too cold at night.
The EU said that the Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko wanted to make the EU look less powerful, but Lukashenko said that it was not true.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.