Problems in car business – level 2
Carmakers introduced new electric cars at a car show in Munich, Germany.
It was the first big event since the pandemic started, and many people looked forward to it. Global problems in the automotive industry still had a big impact on companies and visitors, too.
There are not enough chips for new cars, and carmakers must lower the number of cars which they make. It is a big problem for the production of electric cars because they need high-tech electronics. Rising prices of materials are another problem because they increase the prices of new cars.
Some companies expect that these problems will continue in 2022 and maybe even the following year.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.