Problems in car industry – level 1
Automakers have big problems. There are not enough chips for their cars. Many automakers must make fewer cars. It makes a change of 3.9 million cars this year. Automakers lose around 110 billion dollars.
Honda is a Japanese automaker. The company makes 110,000 fewer cars last year. The problems will continue this year, too.
Some automakers are thinking of how to solve the problems. They must make better deals with companies which make chips.
The automaker Ford has another idea. The company is changing the design of some parts. These parts have different chips. There are enough of these chips.
Difficult words: automaker (a company which makes cars), chip (a small important electrical part of a machine), design (how something looks or works).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos