Problems with selfie sticks in South Korea – level 1
A lot of people take selfies. A selfie is a picture of you. Some people use a selfie stick. You put your phone on the stick. Then the phone can take a better picture of you
The stick and the phone work together. No wire connects the stick or the phone. The two things communicate wirelessly. South Korea says that this is a problem. The country says that this makes problems with radio signals.
South Korea controls selfie sticks. Over there, you must not use some selfie sticks.
Difficult words: stick (a long thin piece of something), wire (a metal line), wireless (without a wire).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of selfie taking?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.