Problems with selfie sticks in South Korea – level 2
Taking a selfie is very popular these days. Some people like to use a selfie stick. It is a stick on which you fix your phone, so will take a better picture of you.
The phone and the stick communicate wirelessly. The South Korean government thinks that this can cause problems with radio frequencies. It made using unregistered selfie sticks illegal. Some people say that a selfie stick cannot interfere with a radio signal, but if you sell an unregistered selfie stick, you must pay up to £17,000 ($26,607), or even go to prison.
Difficult words: selfie (a picture of you which is also taken by you), wirelessly (without wire which is a line between two things), interfere (cause problems).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of selfie taking?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos