Problems with Solar Panels – level 3
In the past few years, several Walmart stores roofs caught fire and the company believes that Tesla’s solar panels caused this problem.
Walmart says that Tesla didn’t care for the panels properly. Now Walmart wants Tesla to remove its solar panels from more than 240 stores and pay for the damages.
The problem started in 2012, but between March and May 2018, fires at three separates stores caused significant damage. All three stores used the solar panels. In total, Walmart blamed Tesla for at least seven fires.
Walmart also says that Tesla inspectors lacked basic solar training and knowledge and may have not been inspecting the panels properly.
Walmart invested in solar energy for years. It had a deal with a company called SolarCity, which completed more than 200 projects at Walmart stores since 2010. Tesla bought SolarCity in 2016.
You can watch the original video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.