Problems with wet wipes – level 1
Wet wipes are popular. Some people throw them in the toilet. This is not good.
Wet wipes are different than toilet paper. The wipes combine with fats and oils in the sewers. They make blockages. People must remove these blockages. In England, people pay 88 million a year to remove them.
If you use wet wipes, it is best to put them in the bin.
Difficult words: wet wipes (a type of paper that stays wet to make cleaning easier), combine (get together), sewer (an underground “river” for dirty water), blockage (when something blocks water or other stuff from getting by it), remove (put away).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are some of the consequences of flushing wet wipes down the toilet and how can we properly dispose of them to prevent blockages in our sewage systems?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.