Protecting Animals in Australia – level 2
In Australia, people introduced predators such as wild cats and foxes, and these animals are now killing off the small, endangered mammals that live there.
Australian researchers want to save the mammals, and they are trying new techniques, such as building homes that protect animals from the predators. The animals already want to use the homes because there are less places to hide as the climate changes.
The researchers also need help from the people that work on the land to help with the animal conservation.
Difficult words: predator (an animal that hunts and eats other animals), mammal (a type of animal that often gives birth to live babies, gives milk to its babies, and grows fur), conservation (protection).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos