Protest Against Police Brutality in Paris – level 1
There is a protest against police brutality in Paris. Protesters throw bottles. Police use tear gas. Some policemen and some people have injuries. Police arrest some people.
The protesters support a young man. Some policemen rape him with a police baton. The man is 22 years old. He spends two weeks in hospital.
One protester thinks that justice must be respected. He thinks that people must talk about the incident. They must stop these things.
Difficult words: tear gas (a chemical that makes you cry), support (agree with somebody, feel sorry for somebody), rape (hurt sexually), a police baton (a small bat that the police use), justice (rights).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos