Protest in Hungary – level 1
This news is from Hungary. Hungary is a country in central Europe. The country is in debt. The government wants to make the debt smaller. It wants to tax the Internet.
A lot of people don’t like this. Around 100,000 people protest. They are at a square. They hold up their mobile phones and light up the square. The square is in front of a government building. Some people go to the building. They break some windows.
Difficult words: debt (money which must be paid), government (the people who are bosses of a country), tax (when people pay money to the government).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the future of the Internet?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.