Protest in Seoul – level 3
Kakao, the operator of South Korea’s top chat app, is launching an Uber-like carpooling service in the country. The app will connect drivers with passengers during commuting hours.
Korean taxi drivers fear that the service could put thousands of their jobs at risk, and tens of thousands of them held a massive rally in central Seoul. One protester said that the app grants the permission to do business with personal vehicles without taxi registration – the driver’s stance was that the government could not impose the same law on unregistered drivers and taxi drivers alike.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.