Protests in Albania – level 2
People in Albania started protesting three months ago. They say that the government is corrupt and that their votes were stolen. They want the socialist prime minister to step down, and they want a new election.
There were big protests last Saturday and Sunday. People threw Molotov cocktails, and the police used tear gas and water cannons. Police arrested fifty people that weekend.
Difficult words: government (the leaders/bosses of a country), corrupt (corrupt politicians do not work to make their country better but to get rich or get power), election (a situation when people vote for/choose their leaders/bosses).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.