Protests in UK arms factories – level 3
Protesters under the banner Workers for a Free Palestine successfully closed four UK arms factories producing components for Israeli F-35 fighter jets.
The factories include Eaton Mission Systems, BAE Systems at Samlesbury Aerodrome, L3Harris in Brighton, and BAE Govan in Glasgow. These factories supply parts for F-35 stealth combat aircraft used by Israel in Gaza. The diverse group of protesters, including health workers, teachers, and artists, is demanding an end to arms sales to Israel and a permanent UK-backed ceasefire.
The coordinated blockades align with similar actions in France, Denmark, and the Netherlands.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What impact do you think these protests could have on arms sales to Israel and the ongoing conflict in Gaza?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.