Protests in Zimbabwe – level 1
There are protests in Zimbabwe. People are angry at their president. His name is Robert Mugabe. The protesters fight the police. They throw rocks and they set things on fire.
The protesters say that they will protest again. The country has economic problems. This makes people angry. They want an electoral reform, too.
Mugabe is 92 years old. He wants to run for president in 2018 again.
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.