Puerto Rico Help – level 2
The US administration wants to give more than $8 billion dollars to Puerto Rico. Hurricanes Irma and Maria devastated the country in 2017.
However, they were not the only disasters. At the beginning of January, there were earthquakes that injured several people and killed one person.
The US Congress wants to send nearly $20 billion to Puerto Rico. However, there are problems with the distribution of the money. There was a deadline in September 2019 to make an official notice about the money. Officials sait that it was not possible to make the notice because there were political problems in Puerto Rico.
There is a financial team there that must make sure that people who really need the money can get it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.