Putin Friend to the USA – level 2
American media said that Russia directed cyberattacks on Hillary Clinton’s election campaign. US President Obama reacted to this. He told 35 Russian diplomats to leave the USA.
Sergey Lavrov is the Russian foreign minister. He tells Russian President Putin to expel 35 American diplomats from Moscow. Putin, however, is not going to do this. He says that he does not want to be like the USA. He wants to work with the USA.
Difficult words: direct (manage, control), election campaign (when politicians show people why they should vote for them), expel (make leave).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.