Pyramid in Garden – level 2
A Russian couple built a copy of the Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt. They built the pyramid in the garden behind their summer home near St. Petersburg.
Andrey and Viktoria Vakhrusheva used concrete blocks to build a pyramid that is 19 times smaller that the original pyramid in Egypt. The pyramid is smaller; however, it is still very big. Its sizes are more than 42 feet long and its tower is 29.5 feet high.
The couple studied the original pyramid very carefully, and it took them two years to plan the building. Currently, many people come to visit the pyramid. Some people take part in spiritual activities, and some people are only interested in the building itself.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.