Pyramids are scanned – level 1
In the Middle East, people scan the pyramids. The results are surprising.
People built the pyramids from one material. Every stone should be the same. However, there is an anomaly. One stone is hot. This is not normal. Experts want to know the reason for this.
The project is called “Scan Pyramids”. The project plans to map the pyramids. People also want to find more secret rooms inside them.
Difficult words: scan (to look at something with a special machine), anomaly (something not normal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news about the pyramids?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos