Queen Elizabeth II and corgis – level 2
Queen Elizabeth II celebrates her 90th birthday, but her love and loyalty for corgis remain. During her reign, she has owned more than 30. She named her first dog Susan, and Susan was a present for her 18th birthday in 1944.
Currently, Her Majesty has four. All of them can move around the palace freely, but the Queen can easily put them in line. The Queen shows a friendly authoritative control over each dog.
Difficult words: corgi (a short-legged dog with a foxlike head), reign (the time when a person is a ruler), put somebody in line (to keep someone from doing something bad).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos