Raccoon dogs in Mexico – level 1
This news is about raccoon dogs. This animal is also called the Tanuki dog. A raccoon dog looks like something between a small fox and a raccoon.
People move two raccoon dogs to a zoo. This zoo is in Mexico. They are male and female. They have nine babies. Seven are male and two are female.
The parents help their babies. The babies eat apples, oranges, meat, and biscuits.
Difficult words: raccoon (a grey or brown animal which lives in the Americas), male (a boy), female (a girl).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like these animals?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos