Race of self-driving cars – level 1
There is a contest in China. Twenty-two cars compete in the contest. These cars are special. They don’t need drivers. They can drive without them.
The contest takes two days. The cars go 15 kilometres in the first day. They go around a lake. They also must make a 90-degree turn. That is very difficult.
Difficult words: contest (situation when you try to be better than others to win; race), compete (try to be better, try to win), special (there are not many of them).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like the idea of self-driving cars?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.